Safety Protocol Reminders
Good evening Torpedoes,
As Texas moves back toward more stringent requirements, I wanted to send out a quick reminder of the safety protocols we've had in place since the beginning of our season when things were still at 25% capacity or less. None of these protocols has changed, even as things began to re-open.
First of all, each family is free to participate at their own comfort level. No family will be penalized for scholarships or participation in future seasons for doing what is best for their family.
Next was our practice protocols which involved single entry/exit, car drop off / pick up only, assigned lanes, restricted # of swimmers per practice and reduced restroom use with a monitor to clean and sanitize after use. Y'all have done great with it and the kids adapted really well.
Finally, meets. A quick reminder for tomorrow and MOC coming up in July:
1. A waiver is required for entry.
2. ONE spectator per swimmer (volunteers do not count).
3. NO siblings inside the gate.
4. Swimmers are permitted in ONLY during their swimming event times.
5. Masks are now REQUIRED for any non-swimming participant to enter. This includes volunteers.
6. Single Entry Exit. Marshals are there to direct traffic. Please follow their instructions.
7. Restrooms for emergency only.
8. Social distancing is expected and designed into our meet program. Please make sure you're observing at least 6ft between yourselves whenever it is possible.
THANK YOU to all the wonderful families who have made this a SAFE and FUN season for the kids. We appreciate the flexibility and willingness to make changes on the fly to give our kids the opportunity to swim this summer.
We intend to hang in here through Meet of Champions. If you are not swimming this meet, your last practice will be next Wednesday July 1st. Thursday and Friday will be MOC swimmers only - stay tuned for the updated practice schedule. Please reach out to us with any concerns or special circumstances. The last thing we want is for someone to feel compelled to do anything they are uncomfortable with.
Stay safe and SWIM FAST! GO TORPEDOES!