Week 1 Down
GREAT JOB ON WEEK 1 TORPEDOES!
We are SO proud of all our swimmers, parents, and coaches this week. There are many challenges to overcome including changes in our "normal", adjustments to the plan on the fly, and swimmers realizing their fitness levels *may* have suffered during our weeks in quarantine! We have some real grit here in NT (and beyond!).
I wanted to also say WELCOME to all of our borrowed swimmers this year! We are happy to have any swim family without a home this year due to the difficult decisions each team had to make. We hope you enjoy your time with us and if you love it, we wouldn't be opposed to keeping you forever. :P
Here are this weeks final notes:
- Volunteer roles have been added for tent set up and take down during practices (shew! It was HOT out there as the morning drags on). If you have not signed up for all your points, please do so NO LATER than Monday morning at 8am. (To sign up visit the "Schedule" page of the website - HERE and click "job sign up" for any of the scheduled events).
- Meet Schedules will be released this coming week. We are working with the HOA on a model that will permit spectators. Please go in and declare your swimmers for attendance at the meets. You can do this from the same page as the volunteer sign ups.
- Drop off and Pick Up. Its going really well! Thank you for adapting so well to this big change. Reminder - the HOA has expressly prohibited any congregating at the gated entrances to the pool area and does not permit parents inside the gates. A few parents have discovered the grassy shaded area near the tennis courts where they can spectate. This is a perfect spot for waiting and is out of the walkways for all the entrances to the club and pool area.
- We have a facebook group! Join it HERE! Its a closed group where we can share photos of our swimmers, find that lost towel or goggles, and share information quickly.
- Swimtopia has an App! Download the app and sign in using the same credentials as our website to quickly view the events calendar, job sign ups, events your child is registered to swim, and receive text alerts.
See you all on Monday!