Torpedoes First Week Instructions
We are almost ready to welcome our families back into the pool. Thank you so much for your response to last weeks' call. Its been both heart-warming and heart-breaking to hear what has gone in to each family's difficult decisions the past few months, including whether or not to swim this year. We are so excited to bring this *season* to life in whatever way we can and blessed to have families that pitch in to bring us all together, even when things don't look like what we expected.
FIRST WEEK INSTRUCTIONS
Before the First Practice…
- 1.No waivers, no swimming. Period. Print and fill out the attached waivers and bring it with you to your first practice. You may also email it to me directly at [email protected] no later than 5pm on Sunday May 31, 2020 to give me time to log it in.
- 2.If you have a child in the 6 and under group swimming AND/OR a *NEW* swimmer of ANY age, you must sign up for a new swimmer evaluation spot for June 1, 2020 HERE. If you cannot make this date/time, please let us know ASAP.
- 3.If you are a COACH (volunteer or paid), please also attend the swimming evaluations. We will be having a coach’s meeting that morning and going over the logistics of practice.
- 4.The first practice for all swimmers will be TUESDAY JUNE 2, 2020. Practice times are posted on the website. Swimmers waiting for an A/B practice time should expect an email by Sunday afternoon notifying them of their practice time. Practice time requests should be received no later than FRIDAY MAY 29th @ 5:00pm.
- 5.If you are a 13U swimmer, you MUST sign up
for a swim time (early or late) in order to attend that practice.
* Sign up genius for 7:30am swim times is HERE.
* Sign Up Genius for the limited number of 10:45am slots is HERE .
Please choose only 1 slot per day until we are sure that any open spots are left over. You may change slots ONLY if there is an open slot on the date / time you prefer AND you remove your sign up from the previous slot. These sign up links will also be available on the website in the swim practice tab.
- 6.Lane assignments will be in your inbox by Sunday afternoon. Please make sure your swimmer knows their lane assignment.
- 7.Sign up to volunteer. Volunteer sign ups begin Saturday May 30 at 8:00am. Head to our website at swimnt.org and click on the “volunteer” tab to view the open slots. Families are REQUIRED to volunteer. We cannot make swim team happen without your help. Please look for a separate email with more information about volunteering. Volunteer requirements are reduced but we also have several new jobs that didn’t exist before.
At the First Practice(s)
- 1.Bring your waivers, if you didn’t already turn it in. No waiver, no swimming. Period. I’m beginning to feel like a broken record here :P
- 2.Come IN your swimsuit with sunscreen already applied. No changing permitted either before or after practice.
- 3.Car drop off / pick up only. Look for a Torpedoes volunteer to escort the littles to the pool. Please consider a sign with your swimmer’s name on it to let us know what car they belong to at pick up.
- 4.Swimmers are permitted one bag. All their belongings (towel, water, goggles, & sandals/slippers) must fit inside for easy movement and consolidation. No benches / tables / chairs will can be used.
- 5.Please make sure that your swimmer is aware of the changes to the program this year. We know the kids will be excited to see their coaches and friends but it is important that we follow all the rules for their protection and to ensure we are complying with all the conditions of use that were given to us by the HOA. We want to be invited back next year!
There are no practice / meet requirements. If you want to swim – please, stick with us! This is such a wild circumstance we are not going to allow anyone’s situation to prevent them from participating how they are comfortable and able. Your participation (or not) this year will not impact anything for next year or scholarships.
Please direct questions to me at [email protected] or text me at 304-834-4020. Happy to chat via phone but have to tell ya, my one on one time is limited – it’s a crazy time for us all. Please be patient with me. :)